CENTR to hold its Registrar Day on 9 October
On 9 October 2018, CENTR will be holding its pan-European Registrar Day in Brussels, Belgium.
The Council of European National Top-Level Domain Registries (CENTR) will be holding the fifth edition of its Registrar Day on 9 October 2018 from 9.00 - 17.00 at the Renaissance Hotel in Brussels, Belgium. Prior to the meeting, participants can already meet and greet during a welcome drink on 8 October at 18.30.
This is a unique opportunity for registries and registrars from all over Europe to mix and mingle, exchange on best practices, improve on or create new business relationships and get updates from industry experts. Expect a re-run of previous year’s successful speed-networking session, as well as a tailored agenda based on feedback and key topics of interest.
9:00 Welcome and introductions
9:10 Participants’ intro roundtable
9:30 Registry-registrar speed-networking
10:30 Coffee break
11:00 Registry-registrar speed-networking (continued)
11:30 Domain name market trends
- Presentation of most recent market trends (Patrick Myles, CENTR)
- Panel discussion with Prudence Malinki (MarkMonitor), Neal McPherson (1&1), Emilie Turbat (Afnic) and Lars-Göran Forsberg (IIS), moderated by Alexandrine Gauvin (CENTR)
12:30 Lunch break
14:00 EU Policy Update
- EU Policy Update (Polina Malaja, CENTR)
- Temp Spec and EPDP: impact on ccTLDs (Thomas Rickert, eco)
- WHOIS survey (Peter Van Roste, CENTR)
15:00 Auxiliary services: experience selling DNS-related products (Frédéric Guillemaut, Safebrands)
15:15 Registry-Registrar Data Group: practical implementations (Neal McPherson, 1&1)
15:45 Coffee break
16:00 Break-out sessions
- Marketing together: most effective promotional strategies(advertising, price promotions, loyalty programmes, etc.) – Session led by Frédéric Guillemaut, Safebrands
- Improving channel relations (RAR-RY communications and main contacts, invoicing options/preferences, access to RAR WHOIS, RAR portals, etc.) – Session led by Neal McPherson, 1&1
- Encouraging domain usage and retention (who is responsible: RAR, RY, third party?) – Session led by Lut Goedhuys, DNS Belgium
16:30 Plenary: outcome of break-out session discussions
To register, please reach out to your local ccTLD registry. We look forward to welcoming many registries and registrars in Brussels in October!